Mediator Position Available
The Fair Housing Center (Toledo) seeks an experienced mediator to serve as a neutral party in their Landlord-Tenant Mediation department. The successful candidate will, through education and experience:
(1) Have a strong foundation of basic mediation skills and ethics for mediators.
(2) Be able to explain the mediation process and confidentiality to landlords, tenants, and the general public.
(3) Be comfortable working with a widely diverse population of people.
(4) Have the ability to work effectively with people under stressful situations, identify problems and potential solutions, and be well-versed in conflict management and diffusion skills.
(5) Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, etc.) with ability to track activities in our proprietary case management system.
(6) Have (or learn) a working knowledge of Ohio’s landlord-tenant laws, and eviction procedures.
(7) Have knowledge about and be able to interpret Federal, State, and Local laws concerning discrimination in housing; and
(8) Have the ability to build relationships with and educate the community through outreach, presentations, and workshops.
(1) Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences (particularly fields dealing with people) or equivalent required. Some amount of relevant experience may be substituted for educational requirements;
(2) Solid conflict resolution skills; formal training(s) preferred.
(3) One or more years’ experience in mediation.
This is a full-time (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) exempt position, with some evenings or weekends as needed. Additional training will be provided. The Fair Housing Center offers competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter detailing qualifications to HR@toledofhc.org. Open until Nov. 1, 2021.