The Fair Housing Center (Toledo) seeks an experienced mediator to serve as a neutral party in their newly-established Landlord-Tenant Mediation department. The successful candidate will, through education and experience:
(1) Have a working knowledge of Ohio’s landlord-tenant laws, and eviction procedures;
(2) Be able to explain the mediation process to landlords, tenants, and the general public;
(3) Have the ability to build relationships with and educate the community through outreach, presentations, and workshops;
(4) Have the ability to work effectively with people under stressful situations, identify problems and potential solutions, and be well-versed in conflict management skills;
(5) Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, etc.) with ability to track activities in our proprietary case management system; and
(5) Have knowledge about and be able to interpret Federal, State, and Local laws concerning discrimination in housing.
(1) Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies, or equivalent required; Juris Doctor (preferred). Some amount of relevant experience may be substituted for educational requirements;
(2) Solid conflict resolution skills;
(3) One to three years experience in community mediation.
This is a full-time (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) exempt position, with some evenings or weekends as needed. Additional training will be provided. The Fair Housing Center offers competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter detailing qualifications to HR@toledofhc.org. Open until February 12 or until position is filled.